We had quite a good time at our last fundraiser at No Worries restaurant on August 5th, 2011. We had an amazing turnout and raised over $450! We want to thank a few of our friends and supporters below:
- Orlando Lacro: Artist and Surfboard Shaper
- Tonet Jose: President of the Manila Surfer’s association
- Drama One: Muralist and Fine Artist
- Comic Con Artists: Comics Artists that donated cool surfing pieces for us!
- Sisterz of the Underground’s Nurse Boogy AND The Extra Credit Kru: Incredible performance by the youngest members
- Zanzibar Stone Town Capoeira: Another amazing non-profit teaching performing arts to the kids in Zanzibar
- Halau Makana: Polynesian Dance Company located in Alameda, California. They throw fun ukelele parties, so check them out!
STAY TUNED FOR OUR NEXT FUNDRAISING EVENT IN SAN FRANCISCO! IT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15TH, AND WE WILL BE PARTNERING WITH KELLY’S COVE REUNION FOR A BIG PARTY! Check out Kelly’s Cove Reunion’s Facebook page here.
We will also be posting more photos of the kids in Siargao, and we are also preparing for our trip to the Philippines in November! If you’re interested in coming with us, want to help us with getting our shipment of boards together, or want to donate some surf equipment and school supplies for the kids, let us know!